1969 Front engine dragster

Discussion in 'Drag Racing/Street Racing Forum' started by mrmopartech, Oct 16, 2016.

1. mrmopartech

mrmopartech Moderator Staff Member

I have gone partner,s with a buddy with a FED digger and am looking for some good race parts for the chevy engine in this thing and also a second center section with a 3.73 gear set (mopar).Maybe some one has friends or racers they know with some parts for sale cheap.We have already gone 8.70 1/4 mile and there is still more in it,even with my big ass in it.Now what we are intending to do is buy a second FED digger and install one of my motors in it and find a trailer to put both diggers in it and race together,travel together to cut cost and wear and tear.You can email me at: penstarperformance@gmail.com mrmopartech

2. StephenF

StephenF New Member

Chevy Engine ??????? .........................BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

3. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Progress is good.... :)

4. mrmopartech

So far this winter we have dynoed the motor,milded 355 with pump gas and good tuning on the dyno we did 505hp.We now have re-done the gears to 3.91 and new full length headers,5000stall convertor,transbrake,and we totally taken the car aprts and powered coated the whole car,red and black,new axles,as the old ones had just a bit to much twist in them after 47 years,go figure.Not bad for a front engine dragster,and a cheby motor,and a guy that can,t really drive.I guess it was the hemi in the car that twister the axles,and not the cheby.mrmopartech

5. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

I agree.... The Hemi did it !!!!!!
    Sounds nice.... :)

6. mrmopartech

Update: We have run the car this year with some bad problems and some great results.The year before we got the car to run 9.12 with a 505HP motor 350.Not so bad,this year we put a 4500 stall converter and some carb mods,long tube headers,rebuild/freshen tranny and trans brake,to get the digger to go 8.75@155.The bad side is a few runs on the new set up we tried the trans brake with no wheelie bars and disaster struck,8 foot wheel stand and no pedaling and the car came down hard and scrapped the wheels and tires,tossed the battery into the other lane and front end damage,nothing that grand did not solve.But the rest of the year went great,with better times and performance,and a lighter pocket book,mrmopartech

7. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Sounds like good forward progress !!!!! Well if you dont think your going to be able to catch the issue fast enough, Nothing wrong with putting a bar on it. :0
    Sounds like your having an Awesome time?

8. 67Mopar

67Mopar Moderator Staff Member

Unexpected 8 foot wheel stand... Hello o_O I may need a clean set of shorts.

Sounds like your having one heck of a good time there Scott. Banana_YesssBurning_RubberBanana_Yesss

9. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Scott, How is the Project coming along in the off season ? Any new changes or upgrades?

10. mrmopartech

The digger was torn apart and gone throw any thing that we deemed(iffy) and replaced,heads freshened up,new roller cam .675 lift,weight bar for the front end,better wheelie bars,new steering wheel as it was to little room and shorten the steering column to allow easier in/out movement in case shit happens.We moved some switches and brackets around to make things easier to access,and maintain.All in all,we should improve the times a tenth or two,so it will go 8.4-8.6 on a consistent basis,mrmopartech

Attached Files:

11. 67Mopar

That's a really cool shot Scott Banana_Yesss
    I hope you don't mind, but I just had to download it and do a Retro job on it. Burning_Rubber

Scott.jpg

12. mrmopartech

That shot is ten times better,as it was a cell phone shot to start with.We also installed a new chute to help stop it,as the track is short,mrmopartech

13. 67Mopar

Okay... just one more... I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Scott_4.jpg

14. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Thats a cool Little Hot Rod.... Hope you guys win some rounds with it. Looks like a GAS to drive... :)

15. mrmopartech

I started out with a ride in a front engine digger in 1976 and drove it a number of times ,as it was a shop toy,now it,s a toy for my buddy,as my body type is to big for it,as it,s only a 19 inside cage,I need a 22 inch cage,because when I sit in this thing,it,s like putting 40 lbs of shit in a 10 lbs box,and takes two people to get me out and can,t turn the wheel,mrmopartech

16. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Sounds like MY problem !!!!!!!!!!!..... :)
    (Full Body Person, Needs a Full Body Car)... Thats the way I put it....lol

17. 67Mopar

Sounds right to me Bob ;)

18. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

LOL