1970 rear brake cylinders

Discussion in 'MyMopar Site Questions & Suggestions' started by chris smith, Dec 4, 2017.

1. chris smith

chris smith New Member

The rear brake cylinder on my 70 Plymouth six pack GTX have 5/16 retainer bolts, everywhere I have looked ( every auto parts store) Classic Industries ,etc. has ones with quarter inch bolts, any help please? Were these cylinders out of a truck?any info out there would be greatly appreciated

2. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

I only seen one listing? Wagner WC106315, Are we sure something didn't get swapped? I mean parts wise?

3. chris smith

chris smith New Member

All I can tell you is I am second owner of this car and I've had it since 1978 I got it with a blown engine cracked block and wouldn't you have to drill out the backing plates to go from quarter inch to 5/16? I admit I don't know what's going on. Is this
    a six-pack Hemi car only thing? The part number on the cylinder is 2891613T

4. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

To answer too that question would be yes, If that's the case. But lets not jump the gun on that just yet !! I was not able to look at the full spec. for that particular wheel cylinder that i listed, I'm not sure if this # used 1/4 or 5/16 threaded bolts.
    I am not sure if this was a Hemi 6-Pack deal or not?
    When I get back to the shop I'll see if I might be able to cross the casting number you provided, and see what we might be able to come up with.. :)
    Just one more question.... Is the Cylinder a 15/16 Bore? or is it something different? It might say in the inside of the cup..

5. chris smith

chris smith New Member

I found a good ruler this morning the o.d. on the pistons is 15/16

6. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

ok... Sorry I didn't get back to it today. swamped at work... I'll try to get to it tomorrow.. :)

7. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

I didn't have any info on the casting number for the cylinder. Did not come up in anything I have in my book files.
    Best I could come up with was ICE P# EW75880 / Wagner F106315 And all that crosses to O'reilly's Best brake P# WC78734
    Could not find the brake down of the cylinder for see what the retaining bolt size was... Humm.

8. chris smith

chris smith New Member

Thank you I'm going to check out those part numbers take a look at the cylinders and see what's up

9. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Keep us posted.... :)

10. chris smith

chris smith New Member

Dont know what a ice p number is the other numbers are a no-go (14/in.bolts) I am 99% sure this part number is obsolete.Im not anal STOCK about the little things but the backing plate cut outs cleared to fit 5/16 and I have not found a cross-reference that works looks like I'll be sending this puppy out to Apple Hydraulics to be brass sleeved. I'm going to hold off till the first of the year and see if there's anything else I can come up with but I would like to thank you for your time you are the best just knowing what won't work is a big help. If I find a solution other than rebuilding it I'll let you know again...thank you for your time