318 hints

Discussion in 'Engine/Fuel/Exhaust' started by magnus jonsson, Oct 8, 2017.

1. magnus jonsson

magnus jonsson New Member

I have a Plymouth fury 3 1968 318 whit 340 torker intake and edelbrock 1406.i nid some hints on what camshaft i can have to get more power on the lower range,even if i should do something whit my cylinderheads to.Magnus

2. mrmopartech

mrmopartech Moderator Staff Member

With a heavy car and a small engine,gearing and a good converter would be on my list first,along with a good set of headers and dual exhaust with X pipe.As for heads,I would go with some stock casting with some match and bowl work,with good blending,3-4 angle valve job.You need a low/mid range cam,one from idle to 4500-5000rpm range with a dual plane intake to get some torque.The cam needs to be a 112/114 center line to operate booster and other item on the car,lift is around 450-475,duration should be around the 248-268 advertized.Do not go to a big valve head as you will loose power,and if you can,use some steel shim head gaskets to gain some compression,and mill the heads a good amount to get a good 9.5-10.0 C/R.mrmopartech

3. magnus jonsson

Thanks fore the response.i think i go whit the camshaft you proposes.is it a big difference between torker 340 intake and dual plan intake.i get different response each time i aske some one./Magnus

4. mrmopartech

Depending on the head being use,the ports are larger on some heads,so the 340 intake has larger ports thus a mismatch of port openings can happen,causing problems,as the volume in the 340 intake would be to large for the 318,mrmopartech

5. magnus jonsson

Ok Thanks.Do you know where i can find headers to my engine 318 whit powersteering, i think fury 3 is a c body.
    I cant find any in sweden or ebay.

6. mrmopartech

Order from summit racing or jegs performance for the headers and also look on ,
    Cbodydrydock.com web site,mrmopartech