6 pack question

Discussion in 'Engine/Fuel/Exhaust' started by chris smith, Mar 6, 2018.

1. chris smith

chris smith New Member

I have no idea how to post a picture but I have a 70 GTX 440 six pack with a sliding linkage on the throttle side that I can't seem to find anywhere or get any information on it has a overhead Rod that connects the front and rear carb and at the rear carb it has a sliding linkage that connects to the center carb

2. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. chris smith

chris smith New Member

Mine has a rod that runs from the rear carb over the center carb I give up how do I send a picture

4. Bob Hogan

Go to upload a file. should let you upload if the file is not to big. Or i think you can cut and paste?

5. chris smith

chris smith New Member

1520642425988680853730.jpg

6. chris smith

chris smith New Member

got it sent pic,thank you

7. Bob Hogan

Those are something someone has made up.....
    Should be more like this...
    [​IMG]

8. Bob Hogan

Someone needed to get rid of some old tractor linkage it looks like to me....
    Hey. Can I have that Giant A.B.C. Book... I Like that... :)

9. chris smith

chris smith New Member

Bob,thanks for your time I agree but I believe it's it's a aftermarket setup it looks like my idle solenoid arm on my Center carburetor was broken off. To Clear the bottom rod I can't believe somebody made this in their garage for but if they did my hat's off to him? I have no clue how it's supposed to work because the bottom arm doesn't seem to do anything. I am going to call Promax on Monday seems like they know everything about six packs and make replacement metering blocks and throttle base plates that you can adjust the idle because the screws come in at an angle. Promax.com in Indiana

10. chris smith

chris smith New Member

Again thank you for your time!! you tried to help me out with my rear brake cylinders I finally sent them out and had them re sleeved with brass inserts

11. Bob Hogan

Oh. Yes, I do remember that deal. The ones with the different size mounting holes. Well I'm glad you got that one resolved, for now until some new ones come along. I think we worked on a running issue also at some point?
    For the outer ones, The Vacuum pods kind of independently from the center. as a veg description....lol

Mancini and six pack performance also have some... The stuff you need is out there... :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  12. chris smith

chris smith New Member

Yes I agree that's why I don't understand this the rear to Central carb Slip Sliding arm makes absolutely no sense to me I was trying to see if anybody see one has any information about it I am pretty sure I'm going to replace it with a stock setup it's just a really odd ball set up again thank you for your time

13. chris smith

chris smith New Member

That's slip arm doesn't open or closed the carbs it's just worthless I thought I tried every possible which way to turn the arms the rods whatever this seems like it's the only possible way it could ever work but it makes absolutely no sense to me

14. Bob Hogan

No Problem, your welcome.. Any time :).... It sure will give you something to talk about at the car show!! When you get to that point....lol

15. Bob Hogan

Just for you my friend.... :)

16. chris smith

chris smith New Member

Oh my God Bob that explains a lot that crossover keeps the Carbs closed that video is so cool I can't thank you enough

17. Bob Hogan

Burning_RubberBurning_Rubber....Beer