727 kickdown lever on tranny

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve Sparks, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Steve Sparks

Steve Sparks New Member

I do not have any kickdown linkage. Where should the kickdown lever on tranny be set? I can either leave it alone or tie it to one side or or the other. The valve body allows for manual and auto shift. The stall converter is suppose to be between 2000 - 2500. Any suggestions?

2. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Hello Steve... If its Not a manual v/b.. You will burn up the trans.... The lever provide pressure for the internals.... Not to sure what your working on. But Welcme to the site... Sorry for being so late getting to your question... :)

3. Steve Sparks

Steve Sparks New Member

Hey Bob, Thank you for the reply. Sorry I did not reply sooner. I've been out of town. I have a 440 engine with an old crossram induction. (My member photo). I do not have any kickdown linkage. I just put in a rebuilt tranny. So how do I prevent from burning up the tranny? Can I place the lever on the tranny in a certain position and lock it in that position?

4. Steve Sparks

Steve Sparks New Member

I think the answer is to purchase a Lokar kickdown cable.

5. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

I'm not sure who makes the kit. I think B&M had one sometime back. I looked but have not been able to come across what I wanted to shoot you.
    Most of those cars that used the Crass Ram had Push Button transes in them, But later on someone made a Thottle Valve kit so you could use the later 727Trans. Check with Lokar. If you dont have any luck, Post back and I'll keep looking for it.... :)

6. 67Mopar

67Mopar Moderator Staff Member

7. Steve Sparks

Steve Sparks New Member

Thank you for the suggestions. I installed the Lokar kickdown cable. Drove the car a few blocks and now the tranny shifts automaticly at 2000rpm. Just what I wanted it to do. It seems I'm no longer in danger of burning up my tranny. Thanks guys.

8. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Glad you got it squared away..... Mopar on Broth'a !!!!!!!