Mike's 67 Charger Restoration - Part 2

Discussion in 'Bodywork/Paint/Exterior' started by 67Mopar, May 10, 2018.

1. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

A man after my own heart.... Beer

2. 67Mopar

67Mopar Moderator Staff Member

I am pleased to announce that the broken spoiler model is nearly back to normal once again. Still behind, but nearly caught up.
    The two clean breaks were pretty easy to mend with a little glue, filler and a little sanding. The nasty break required considerably more effort. Parts were missing and/or disintegrated, so there was a lot of reshaping to do there. I had to break out the original forming block that I used to help create the shape in the first place. Good thing I kept it, and didn't throw it away when I was done eh.

Chassis01.jpg Chassis02.jpg

3. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

That fixed up real nice... You do dam good work Mike.... Take a Bow... :)

4. 67Mopar

Thanks Bob,
    Worked on the spoiler a little more this morning. I think I have it back to normal again now. I'll hit it with a little 800 grit tomorrow and see what I get.

5. 67Mopar

Spoiler repairs are now officially complete!
    I just have to make it smooth and shiny like the other one now.

6. 67Mopar

I managed to get through another morning without breaking anything. Thumbs_Up

The spoiler is all shiny now. :D

The plan for tomorrow, is to hit both spoilers with a little rubbing compound, and maybe a coat of wax. If I can do that without breaking anything, I'll be done with both models.... ready for the next stage.
    Drunk

Spoiler201.jpg

Spoiler202.jpg

Huskidrive likes this.
  7. 67Mopar

I buffed and polished both models this morning... that stage of the job is now 100% complete.

Now I have to start constructing the mold boxes. Probably won't have a chance to do that until after Carlisle however. Way to much stuff going on at home right now with the ongoing Demo work, etc.

8. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

That looks, (excuse the expression) Y'all.... "Bad Azz" !!!!!

What !!!!! Demo Work ????? And we thought you were moving.... Drinking The new saga... :)

9. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

I cant let my wife see this or I'll be in the dog house for sure.... Hahahahahahahaha
    Computer_CrashCrazy HammerMy_2_CentsMy_2_Cents

10. 67Mopar

A little birdy here at work told me that my car is in the paint booth over at the shop? When I find 5 minutes to call my own, I may just pop over and have a look. I assume it must be in there for the final coat of primer before paint, or maybe they're applying the interior & underbelly coatings.
    Eating_Popcorn

67r/t4speeder and Huskidrive like this.
  11. 67Mopar

Well I still haven't found that 5 minutes yet, but I did make a call...
    They're actually doing body work on the Charger, or so I'm told. The first body guy that worked on the car got ahead of himself and did a few things without my approval that I was none to pleased with. No big deal really, but... the guys doing the bodywork in the shop now were none to pleased either... so apparently they decided to rework these areas to their satisfaction.
    I told them I would stop by after the Holiday, when I get back from NH. I'll bring my camera!

12. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Hummmmmm.... Mike remind me again how long this projects been in the works?

13. 67Mopar

Just some minor details in the rear lower rocker areas, that should have been addressed previously.

Bob Hogan likes this.
  14. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Good Morning Y'all..... Nice here in SO-CAL..... But the Indians are send out a bunch of smoke signals, and all the words are slurred. Not sure what to make of it? Smells like we are having a hug BBQ someplace?????
    Hummmmm,, I should check the BooB Tube... :)

15. 67Mopar

Stopped by the shop this morning... They were still working on the lower rockers when I got there today. They have one side just about finished now, then it's on to finish up the other side. The first guy that worked on it had left the very bottom of the rockers a little uneven. Not that it matters, since they get covered with trim, and you can't see them anyway... but... the guys working on it now just weren't happy with it the way it was so... They'll be glass flat when they're done now.

IMG_0242.JPG

Huskidrive likes this.
  16. 67Mopar

Well, the boys at the shop just sent me a few new pics via Text message.
    Looks like they finished up the STBD side and gave it a quick coat of primer. They said they'll be finishing up the Port side tomorrow.Thumbs_Up

New2.jpg

New1.jpg

New3.jpg

Huskidrive likes this.
  17. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Active Member

Dang.... Looking good Guys !!!!!! Thank_YouDrunk

18. 67r/t4speeder

67r/t4speeder Active Member

Nice crisp lines, nice work

19. 67Mopar

Took a break this morning and popped in at the shop.
    The boys are still plugging away on the Charger. Apparently they decided to block the passengers side, yet again... dang perfectionist. Anyway, they were working on the drivers side rockers this morning. The rest is pretty much ready for paint. I need to drop off the trim clips for the rocker moldings next time I'm there, so they can drill the holes prior to paint. Speaking of which.. They changed horses on the paint schedule (again)... now they want to paint the exterior prior to doing the interior, under body, wheel wells, etc... whatever, as long as it gets done eh!

Charger Body1.jpg Charger Body2.jpg Charger Body3.jpg

Huskidrive likes this.
  20. 67r/t4speeder

67r/t4speeder Active Member

It looks like a brand new Charger body heading down the assembly line, maybe even better.

The shop looks clean, good sign.

Huskidrive likes this.