Mike's 67 Charger Restoration - Part 2

Discussion in 'Bodywork/Paint/Exterior' started by 67Mopar, May 10, 2018.

1. Bob Hogan

Bob Hogan Well-Known Member

Nice Work !!!! Double_Thumbs_Up

2. 67Mopar

67Mopar Moderator Staff Member

Saw my car at the shop this morning... My wife had the day off, so she tagged along.
    The engine bay has been painted out now with the upper body color, and has been given the seal of approval by the wife. Previously, my wife had no interest at all in my planned color scheme for the Charger, she thought it was dull & boring.... Now that she has seen a little piece of it however, her opinion has swung around 180 degrees. She's all excited now!!! Which makes me very happy. It was one of those times when you get to say the words "I Told You So" to your wife, and get away with it.

The body has been prime (AGAIN) 3 more coats for the final blocking, but they plan do hit the interior with Lizard Skin before finishing the outside.... so more to follow there.

Huskidrive likes this.
  3. 67Mopar

This picture doesn't do it justice, but it's all I have at the moment.
    The color is actually a "Warm" Pearl White.

Engine BayEDT.jpg

Huskidrive likes this.
  4. Bob Hogan

You can sure see the Pearl in that !!!!!! Looking darn good at this point.... Now you know your not really going to get away with this ( "I Told You So" to your wife, and get away with it.) Stuff are you !!!!! I'm coming over for a BEER AND WATCH THIS!!!! Hahahahaha....
    All funing aside. I'm glad she is onboard with how it is going... :)God_Job

5. 67Mopar

I've been busy Photoshop'n here recently, trying to get everyone on board with the pin stripe style and colors that will run along the side panels on the Charger. The shop needs to know this before they start painting the body colors, so they know where to start and stop.
    Without a visual, the boys at the shop weren't to keen on my ideas for the pin stripes. So I fired up the 27" MAC, found a good pic of a trendy Grey Charger to use as a base. Change the grey body color to my future body colors!!!... then I Photshopped a bunch of different styles and color combinations using some of their suggestions, along with my own. Once the smoke cleared, the boys at the shop, "and my wife", were all in agreement.... My original idea looks the best, so I'm happy, they're happy, the wife is happy... everyone is happy now!

BGO Detail.jpg

BGO Wide.jpg

67r/t4speeder likes this.
  6. 67r/t4speeder

67r/t4speeder Active Member

I like because I really like it

7. 67Mopar

Thanks Brother! Drunk

8. Bob Hogan

I could do without the Mustard Color.... My preference would have been 2- Black Stripes or The Mustard would be a Brite Silver to accent the Chrome... Only my 2 cent of course. But that's what we do is bounce Ideas off each other.... :)
    But I do think it looks good..
    Thats what make each of us different... :) Cheers Cheers !!!!

9. 67Mopar

That's Okay Bob... The boys at the shop said the same thing... but when they saw the whole picture (not just the close ups) they changed their minds. The stripes have to work with the rest of the package (planned color scheme). I made up a bunch of different pic's to choose from using different styles and colors, but when you see them applied to the big picture (not shown) things look different.